This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior menswear designer to work for one of the UK fastest growing lifestyle brands and to make their mark on future collections. If you share a passion for designing great product influenced by incredible outdoor surroundings, this position could be for you.
This is a 12 month initial contract to cover maternity leave.
Senior Designer – The Job Opportunity
Responsible for the design and development of the menswear range of clothing and accessories that will involve:
• Managing the critical path to ensure that design and sampling deadlines are met
• Working closely with the Head of Design and Director to plan the creative and print direction of the brand
• Responsible for designing a multi category menswear collection, requiring ‘hands on’ design skills,
• Working with and briefing the in house print/ graphic designers for menswear apparel and accessories.
• Trend and competitor research including tradeshow visits and comp shops
• Range planning and presentation of ranges for sign off
• Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers including overseas travel for fabric and sample development
• Completing detailed tech packs
• Negotiating and agreeing prices with suppliers including price range reviews
• Commenting on samples from first proto through to photo sample including fit reviews
• Working with the marketing on the seasonal catalogue and photoshoot
Senior Designer – The Person Specification
• Previous experience at senior designer level (min 5 years), within menswear (supplier, brand or retailer)so
• Ideal applicant will have design experience within the leisure, lifestyle, or outdoor apparel market.
• Enthusiastic, creative individual who shares the brand values, ability to translate trends, and inspires those around them
• Well organised, to manage the critical path process from concept to sampling
• Confident presentation skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator) and Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication. A great team player!
• Must be able to travel UK and abroad as required
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.Apply for this job