Our client is a specialist brand recruiting for an additional Technical Outerwear Designer to join their expanding Team.
Based in modern, purpose built offices and part of the growing development team, we are looking for designers who have a passion for designing superior, performance led clothing and accessories. Designing with protection in mind, meticulous detail and innovation are key.
Technical Outerwear Designer – The Job Outline
- To design market focussed multi-product outerwear, accessories and kit for military, law enforcement and the outdoor enthusiast.
- Research the market, searching for innovative, best in class solutions for apparel and kit.
- Design and manage key design processes including range build, sample development, attend development meetings, compile technical packs/BOMS
- Liaise with product development, sales and marketing teams
- Source and develop new fabrications, qualities, features and benefits – building relationships with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Participate in collaborative projects with Universities to scientifically engineer and redevelop designs
- To work on special collaboration projects for clothing and kit
- Develop branding and graphics
Technical Outerwear Designer – Core Skills & Requirements
- Degree educated, with 3-5 years within technical performance clothing, outerwear or sportswear design.
- Must be competent with Illustrator and Photoshop. CLO 3D a benefit, but not essential.
- A clear understanding of how to build a full technical pack, including Bill of Materials.
- A clear understanding of garment construction and commercial garment manufacturing for technical outerwear.
- A good fabric knowledge, woven and knitted, with the ability to develop/source new fabrics.
- Print and graphic design knowledge would be beneficial.
- Must be able to communicate ideas and present collections, both internally and externally, to suppliers and customers.
- Must be a team player.
- Good project management skills.
- This role is not remote and will require the successful applicant to work from the head office.
- Travel within the UK and international will be required.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 12813AA
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.