We are recruiting for an experienced Womenswear Designer with a specialism in designing Outerwear, to join an established womenswear retailer and brand.
Based from Head Office in Bury, you will have an eye for translating womenswear trends, and a passion for product for all ages, seasons and occasions.
There is potential for this role to be offered on reduced working hours for the right applicant.
Womenswear Designer - Outerwear - The Role:
- You will design commercial, fashion focused collections considering the occasion, the customer profile, previous best selling lines and future trends.
- Identify future womenswear trends for outerwear
- Compiling comparative shop reports and being aware of competitor activity.
- Working closely with technical team and being involved in garments fitting.
- Liaising directly with Far East manufacturers.
- Gain sales momentum on above categories and develop proven track record on commercial sales and industry design success
- Support and Design of Add-ins
- Update critical path dates to ensure an effective and timely sign off process Managing the critical path to ensure deadlines are met, (i.e. tech packs are sent out and received back within the dedicated timeline)
Womenswear Designer - Outerwear – The Person:
- 4 years + womenswear design experience including Outerwear (seasonal and occasional jersey and woven garments).
- Apparel design related degree
- Creative flair and innovation - proactive approach to design.
- Able to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the various customer types.
- Proficient on Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative.
- Communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at all level.
- Knowledge of Far East and UK manufacturing would be beneficial.
- A strong team player but also the ability to work on their own initiative
- adaptive to fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- You will be a well organised, confident communicator, experienced in managing priorities and liaising with internal teams and external suppliers etc.
To apply please send your CV and folio work to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference: 12843AA
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.