Recruiting for an experienced menswear Senior Product Developer/Designer to create fashion forward (multi-category) apparel ranges for high volume retailers/etailers.
Senior Product Developer/Designer - Responsibilities:
- Identify emerging trends and potential gaps in the customer product range, capitalise on gaps by proposing appropriate fabrics, styling options and trend boards
- Design seasonal and trend led in house collections in line with customer design aesthetic
- Work closely with commercial team (account managers) to provide customer with continuous and excellent service and help the business progress
- Carry out fabric and trend research on an ongoing basis, present findings to in house teams and customers. This includes comp shopping on a monthly basis
- Extensive fabric and trim sourcing according to customer briefs and emerging trends
- Preparing and leading customer development days, actioning development samples according to brief
- Raise and update design tech packs and check samples against them.
- Work closely with factories on sample development and orders
- Manage development critical path, working closely with suppliers and production sites, regularly updating customer on sample progress though sample CPs and ensuring samples are delivered in time for range build and sign off meetings
- Daily liaison with mills, factories and customer buying teams, establishing close professional relationships on all sides and negotiating prices
Senior Product Developer/Designer - Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant experience within a similar product developer/designer role (min. 4 years experience) within menswear. Supplier background essential.
- Educated to degree standard
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, In Design) and Microsoft Office skills
- Confident communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and highly attention to detail.
- A proactive approach. A team player, able to support colleagues, and work independently and effectively under pressure in a demanding fast paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with all internal/external stakeholders including mills, garment manufacturers & suppliers etc.
To apply please send your CV and folio to email@example.com (Job reference: 12895AA)
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.