New role : recruiting for an established apparel brand for a Sample Dye Technician.
Part of the inhouse technical team including a fabric technologist, the purpose of the role is to supply the Design team with dyed fabric and trims (dye-bags) which will allow the creation of concept sample garments.
Primarily using an electronic fabric dyeing machine, and other related equipment, the objective is to achieve a timely delivery of the requested dye-bags to the relevant designer and to own the colour management process.
Sample Dye Technician – Job Outline
- Developing and/or modifying new dye recipes for specific shades of colour
- Maintaining colour accuracy and reproducibility of sample dye fabric
- Controlling sample production and quality standards
- Using colour measuring equipment, and colour matching software, to ensure colour reliability in dyes
- Liaising with Designers on their colour objectives and production timelines
- Ensuring colour fastness, accurate colour reproduction, stability, and durability of products
- Controlling stock and ordering dyes
- Keeping records of the dye development process and its results
- Managing multiple sample requests simultaneously, being able to adapt and prioritize effectively
Sample Dye Technician – Skills & Experience
- Higher national diploma (HND) subjects into the profession include: textile chemistry, colour science, textile technology, chemical engineering and materials sciences.
- Bachelor degree or related disciplines is preferred
- Working experience in textile dyeing operation over 1 year is preferred (but not essential)
- Great communication skills to effectively communicate with cross functional team
Applicants must be UK based and eligible to work without restriction.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com quoting our reference: 12844AA
If the email address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.